Within the wake of the 2016 presidential election, a lot has been mentioned about America’s tradition. Whereas some have attributed President Trump’s victory to his capability to resonate with individuals who share a selected set of values, I’m inclined to assume it had extra to do along with his capability to attach with Individuals who need change. In different phrases, his supporters didn’t vote for him as a result of he embodied every little thing they believed in; as an alternative, they voted for him as a result of they believed he would result in change and enhance their lives. On account of this cultural shift, however-and maybe as a response in opposition to it-it has change into extra essential than ever for organizations throughout all industries to concentrate on constructing cultures primarily based on shared values fairly than particular person ones.
America’s nationwide id is formed by its core values and beliefs.
The core values that outline America are what make it distinctive. They’re additionally what make America nice, sturdy and totally different from different nations.
- Perception in freedom and equality for all folks;
- Respect for the rule of regulation;
- Dedication to non-public duty;
- Work ethic and self-reliance;
And lots of extra!
The Land of the Free, House of the Courageous
America is among the freest international locations on this planet. The Declaration of Independence proclaimed that “all males are created equal,” and our Founding Fathers believed that every one residents ought to have sure rights. These embody freedom of speech, faith, and the press; freedom to bear arms; voting rights for males (and later girls); honest trials; privateness safety from authorities searches with out possible trigger; due course of rights resembling being knowledgeable of fees in opposition to you and being allowed to defend your self if accused; equal safety below the regulation no matter race or gender–and even whether or not you’re a citizen!
A Nation of Many Cultures
America is a land of many cultures. This range is one among our biggest strengths as a nation, and it’s additionally what makes us distinctive. We’re proud to be Individuals, however we don’t assume which means we have now to be precisely like everybody else.
We imagine that if you’re keen to work exhausting sufficient and put within the effort, you’ll be able to obtain your desires–it doesn’t matter what these desires could also be!
The US of America is a wealthy tapestry made up of many cultures, traditions and faiths.
America is a wealthy tapestry made up of many cultures, traditions and faiths. The US of America is a nation of immigrants who got here right here to begin over and make higher lives for themselves. Our nation was based on the precept that every one males are created equal. Which means that nobody must be judged by their pores and skin colour or nationality with regards to alternatives in life; as an alternative, they need to be judged primarily based on their character and talents alone.
This range has formed at present’s tradition as a result of it permits folks from totally different backgrounds to share their experiences with one another via artwork kinds resembling music or movie which may then encourage others round them who might not have had related experiences earlier than hand
The American Dream Outlined
The American Dream is the concept that anybody can obtain success via exhausting work. It’s an idea, not a actuality. The American Dream isn’t nearly cash; it’s about freedom and alternative as nicely–the notion that anybody may be something they need to be in America, if they simply apply themselves. The thought of upward mobility is central to this concept: for those who work exhausting sufficient at one thing, you’ll succeed ultimately or one other–whether or not it’s financially or socially (or each).
The time period was first utilized by James Truslow Adams in 1931 in his e book “The Epic of America”:
“A land the place life must be higher and richer and fuller for everybody.”
Equal Alternative for All?
Some persons are born into a greater scenario than others. Some folks have extra alternatives than others. Some folks should work more durable than others to succeed.
Some persons are born with extra benefits than others, whereas some are born with much less benefits and face larger challenges in life.
Variety at Work; Why It Issues for Enterprise Success
As an employer, you already know that range is essential for enterprise success. You need to make certain your office is inclusive and welcoming–and this may be difficult once you’re unsure the way to implement these values in follow.
To be able to get began with implementing range at work, it’s essential to know precisely why it issues for enterprise success:
- Variety helps with drawback fixing by bringing totally different views into the room. When folks come from totally different backgrounds and experiences, they’ll strategy issues in another way than another person would possibly who has had related experiences as them (or doesn’t). This makes them stronger as a staff as a result of they’ve extra choices accessible when fixing issues collectively!
- Variety helps with retention by bettering morale amongst workers who really feel like they belong at their jobs as a result of everybody round them respects their variations in addition to appreciates having them round as a result of these variations add worth fairly than subtracting from what might in any other case be thought-about an “best candidate.” As well as, having extra girls in management positions improves morale amongst feminine employees’ confidence ranges which leads immediately in direction of larger productiveness ranges over time due -again- in direction of those self same emotions of belongingness being strengthened over time via repeated interactions between coworkers/supervisors alike.”
Regardless of our variations, there are some shared values that unite us as Individuals.
The US is a rustic with a wealthy historical past and tradition. Whether or not you’re from the East Coast or the West Coast, you share many values with different Individuals. Chances are you’ll not at all times agree on every little thing, however there are some issues that unite us as Individuals:
- We’re all residents of this nice nation. We share its historical past and its future collectively
- All of us have totally different backgrounds, experiences, beliefs and concepts–however these variations don’t outline us as people or communities; they make us stronger by permitting us to study from one another
- Our variations make us distinctive; our similarities convey us collectively
We’re a nation that’s wealthy in tradition and variety. That’s why it’s so essential for us to have a good time our widespread values and beliefs as Individuals. The American Dream is among the issues that unites us all, regardless of the place we come from or what faith we follow. We imagine in equality for all folks, no matter race or gender; this perception has led to historic achievements like girls getting the appropriate vote or homosexual marriage changing into authorized throughout all states!